3 on 3 Pond Hockey League
Rules for Full Ice Pond Hockey Leagues
1) After any goal the team, which has scored, must retreat to the red line IE delayed off side and then can attack the team that was just scored on. TEAMS THAT HAVE BEEN JUST SCORED ON MUST REGROUP QUICKLY AND BREAKOUT OF THEIR OWN ZONE BEFORE THE OPPOSING TEAM FORECHECKS THEM. If the team that just scored does not have all skaters clear the red line IE â€œdelayed off sideâ€ a penalty shot will be awarded to the team who was just scored on.
2) All and any infraction will result in a penalty shot (CHA Rule Book)
3) During a penalty shot the following format will be used:
a. All players on the ice, will be asked to go to the red line and go down on one knee
b. The team that is taking the penalty shot can only fore check the opposing team once all three skaters have cleared the red line IE â€œDelayed Off Sideâ€, IE If the Goalie stops the penalty shot or the skater shoots wide.
c. The team who had the penalty shot called against them must line up on the red line down on one knee. Once the skater has shot the puck, the team that is defending the penalty shot may get up and break out of their zone before the other team clears the red line and fore checks them
d. There will be no rebounds allowed during a penalty shot
4) NO BODY CHECKING IN ANY DIVISION: Any contact other than incidental will be considered a penalty and a penalty shot will be awarded.
5) ANY HITTING FROM BEHIND, that player will be tossed out of that game
6) Points will be earned by this format: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss
7) Games are to remain as ties, no shoot outs.
8) After every goal scored the team that has just scored must clear the red line IEâ€Delayed OFF SIDEâ€ then can attack the team they have just scored on.